Friday, March 3, 2023

THE HOLY

 


The fool in his heart says, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds; there is none who does good. The Lord looks down from heaven on the children of man, to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God. They have all turned aside; together they have become corrupt; there is none who does good, not even one.
Psalm 14:1‭-‬3

THE HOLY
I have seen the Holy 
And known the terrors of the dark
I have touched the Living Story 
The one of Him who changed my heart
I have trembled at the awful thoughts 
Of life devoid of light
Where blackness is an empty pit 
And hope removed from sight
I cannot fathom the resistors
Or the rational of fools
Who declare God's inexistence 
As if they know the truth
For once you've felt His presence 
And His breath upon your face
Wonder never leaves you 
And your quest becomes your grace

by Steven Bliss
c. 3/14/21



No comments:

Post a Comment