Saturday, October 8, 2016

ON A PERSONAL NOTE...

As I leave LA and head east towards home I am struck with a deep sense of fulfillment and meaning. After 24 years of arrogance and rebellion, holding grudges and reaping what I've sown, I look down from the window of my plane with a startling revelation that I'm a part of something profound. I'm a part of a legacy that has impacted people around the world for the Kingdom of God... a church that has birthed almost 2,600 churches worldwide. I have a heritage that supersedes that of flesh and blood... one whose scope is eternal and lasting and the songs God gave us back then still resonate around the world. Today I feel love like I've never known. A stump lives...and branches now shoot forth from my lifeless body... I have been raised from the dead. Though I’ve been lost, now I'm found. God has been kind to me and sent His Word to heal me.
To live in a supernatural existence is not a discussion but a determined action. Hearing His voice requires the willingness to believe you have heard and the extreme patience to wait far beyond the hearing. Trusting God is not imparted to us but is acquired the same way a child understands a parents love as they hold that child from the moment it’s born and cares for them, though that child has no knowledge it is happening. Only as that child grows in knowledge through its experiences does it begin to realize and understand it is loved and therefore trusts its giver without reservation. We desperately need to understand we are being held at all times regardless of what we feel.
As I look out across the horizon and the vastness of its expanse I see the endless possibilities it holds. Though I can't see details I can envision and imagine all that is there. I was blind but now I see. Light shines on the epiphanies as the curtain pulls back. I have wondered for so long… who am I? I am a mouth God speaks through, a man whose paths are carved by Yahweh Himself... a weapon in His hand and a testimony of His love expressed and faithfulness revealed.
It is a brand new Hebrew year, 5777 to be exact! The trumpets blow as the Days of Awe begin. The unveiling has begun. For me, one chapter has closed and another begins; each word being written one at a time, every letter formed by my Masters hand. Each step prearranged. I belong to no one but Him. Whom the Son sets free is free...and there are no restraints. In this moment, at this very second as I look across the horizon, my Father and I are one. What was is no more and what stares me in the face is my destiny...the continuation of the legacy I was thrust into and born out of however it is meant to unfold. But I am confident in this… it bears fruit that will remain.



© 2016/5777 Steven Bliss

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Steve. Your words (epiphanies) speak to my heart. I have been going thru a tough time for last few years. I'm always thinking of the Prodigal Son. In the pit but having a light piercing the darkness he is in.I must look forward to the next season. I think about you often but am lax in staying in touch. God's awesome blessing on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Always enjoy your writing, man. Miss you on FB, but always check back here to see what's next. Be blessed, pal!
    jc

    ReplyDelete