Friday, November 23, 2012

GOD'S EYE VIEW


Having an attitude of gratitude depends upon our altitude. Looking at things through the lens of heaven changes ones view completely. The old saying, "Can't see the forest for the trees" is what I'm talking about... God told Moses, "Come up here!" Moses saw everything quite differently from the top of the mountain than he did on the ground. Having a "God's Eye View" is critical. It's like being in a plane as you descend to you're destination. Everything seems so small, so insignificant and much less daunting. For me, I always look down and think I could just scoop it all up in my hands! Just imagine how the world looks to God, even more, how your personal life and all you face, that feels so overwhelming, appears to Him. No wonder “nothing is impossible for him who believes and “with God, all things are possible”. It makes total sense when you see things from God’s point of view!
I know for myself, I need a "come up here" state of mind more and more these days. I don't always have it. Up there the air is clear and the atmosphere peaceful and unaffected. My mind, uncluttered and without distractions.
The psalmist had it right when he wrote this simple song calling us all up to a "God's Eye View" of things. I need the reminder. Isaiah said, "Come, let us go UP to the mountain of Yahweh, to the house of the God of Jacob; that He may teach us concerning His ways that we may walk in His paths." How do we go up? Like this...
Make a joyful shout to Yahweh, all you lands! Serve Yahweh with gladness; come before His presence with singing. Know that Yahweh, He is God; it is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For Yahweh is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations. Psalm 100
Today, I'm going up to a higher altitude in order to change my point of view. How about you?


©2012 Steven Bliss
If you like this article, please spread it around! Hit the share buttons below! Your comments are always welcome; please feel free. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment