Tuesday, November 20, 2012

FACE TO FACE



Death, specifically the destruction of my fiercest enemy, my flesh… will be my greatest victory! The closing of my eyes for the last time will end my struggle and free me once and for all from all that ails me. If I didn’t know the Son of God, I would have ended it long ago, but I will not hasten its arrival by selfish or self-induced means. God’s timing, after all, is perfect. Until then, God has things for me to do.

But there is a longing deep within me for this race to finally end; this battle that rages and its long line of destruction left in its train. For I have tasted of what awaits me; and this world, with all it has to offer, pales in comparison.

For me, there is no morbidity in my desire, only truth and light. My only request is that what is left might be for His glory. That I might accomplish His will, even if it were only an act like Samson pulling down the pillars. I pray my finish would exalt Him and His Holy Name.

There will be much wood, hay and stubble when I stand before Him. Of this I am well aware, yet I cling to only that which saves me, the blood of God's precious Lamb who died for me alone.

I have failed more than I have succeeded, lost more than I have gained, but the thing for which I live and breathe and walk this mortal path is my hope and anticipation of seeing Him who loves me... face to face.
© 2012 Steven Bliss
If you like this article, please spread it around! Hit the share buttons below! Your comments are always welcome; please feel free. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment