Wednesday, October 25, 2017

THE GATE

     I recently had a long dream about God, Y'shua/Jesus and the Gate of Heaven. I can't explain it in absolute detail, but it was like watching a movie. In a nutshell the dream was about making it through The Gate. It was long... no idea how long exactly, but it was very detailed. I experienced a lot of emotions in the dream. I cried a lot and woke up saying, "Jesus, save me... heal me please... save me!"
     I was alone though there were others in the dream. The path I was on was traveled by me, me talking to Jesus. The path was fraught with many obstacles. The only way I made it, or got to where I was headed, was alone, by myself accompanied by what I can only describe as this constant conversation with someone...
     At the beginning of the dream the Gate at a distant looked so far away that it was tiny. So small to the eye you could barely see it but I knew it was there the whole time. It was the direction I was headed, even pulled towards, though at times it seemed out of sight, even hidden. It was an arduous journey and all who were headed there were battle worn and scarred.
     The closer I got to The Gate the narrower the path got. The path became so small that I had to put one foot in front of the other as I held on for dear life. It was like going around the side of a mountain where one misstep and you plunge to your death. It required incredible balance. Things kept getting thrown in my path and I almost went off the edge several times but somehow I was saved... somehow I was spared.
     There were times I could see the face of who it was I was talking to, sort of like the mysterious appearances of the face of the Cheshire Cat in Alice Through The Looking Glass! But I had a deep knowing of Who it was I was speaking with.
     Ultimately I found myself at a short distance and within reach of The Gate. I crawled on my hands and knees towards The Gate, struggling as I almost dragged myself to the entrance.
     The Gate that seemed so small was now massive and strikingly beautiful and greatly protected. I was weeping as I struggled but suddenly, with one final push, I fell through its Great Doors.
     The minute I was in and on the other side I stood to my feet. I looked behind me and there were others coming through The Gate as well. Suddenly there were many of us all standing in this wide-open space. Not one of us could remember anything about where we had been prior to going through The Gate. All of us stood in awe marveling at the beauty of this place that we strangely knew as though we had always been there. And peace rained down on my face.


© 2017 Steven Bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment